Pupil Premium Allocation
Royal Liberty has developed a plan for spending the Pupil Premium funding following certain principles. These guiding principles have been developed taking account of the school’s vision for learning. In addition, decisions on how the funding should be spent have been shaped by the Ofsted report.
Funding therefore has been allocated according to the following principles:
- Targeting funding to raise achievement
- Ensuring that all students’ performance is rigorously monitored against realistic but challenging targets
- Strengthening the link between home and school
- Supporting students’ emotional and social development by ensuring there are key adults who know students well and are committed to their success.
- An emphasis on supporting students to think and plan for their own future, enabling them to make informed choices about further education and training.
- An emphasis on providing students with opportunities to broaden their experience of the world, particularly through cultural and creative activities.
- Ensuring students are well-supported in potential stressful times e.g. revision and preparing for examinations
- A clear focus on building students’ confidence and aspirations through opportunities to experience real opportunities for leadership.